Thursday, April 4, 2013

26 weeks


How far along?
26 weeks and 4 days

Latest appointment?
We had an ultrasound to measure their growths and heartbeats last Friday.  3 healthy heartbeats and growing babies!

How big are the babies?
Sweet Boy A weighs in at 1 lb 11 oz.  Baby Girl, always right behind her brother, is 1 lb 10 oz.  My little guy, Sweet Boy B, weighed in at 1 lb 4 oz.  She did another doppler to keep an eye on his flow from the placenta.  Our boys are sharing, but squished.

How am I feeling?
Overall, I feel good, but I am getting slower and tire very easily.  Im becoming more and more uncomfortable, especially at night.  My last day of work was this past Friday.  It's a relief now that I have the day to catch up on the sleep I missed the night before, and can work at my own (slow) speed.  I don't know if I could have made it one more week!

Symptoms?
The appetite is still in high gear!  I can eat an embarrassing amount of food at one meal, and still need a snack an hour later.  The crazy pregnancy hormones are manageable, but kick in a random times, mostly when I hear certain songs.  Daddy-daughter songs, especially Just Fishin' by Trace Adkins, gets me every single time!  One, because I have the sweetest dad there has ever been, and two, because I know our little girl will love Brian as much as I love my dad.  I just can't wait to see Brian with her!  Last week, I cried like a baby when I heard Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift.  I have a 4 year old niece who is the little love of my life.  She's becoming an independent little lady, and it seems like she was an infant just last week.  It kills me that she has grown up this fast, and I know our babies will do the same.  Im going to quit before the hormones kick in again......       

What do I miss?
Sleeping on my stomach, sleeping through the night (I know, I know, it's never happening again), and having energy to spare.  

Cravings?
Lemonade, milk, milkshakes, buffalo wings, grape juice, oranges (a big thank you to Brian's co worker for Florida oranges straight from the tree!  I can't get enough!)

Highlights of the week?
The babies have been kicking and moving alot more this week, especially Sweet Boy A.  I love when they start moving at the same time.  My belly shakes in the craziest directions.  (They're doing it now!)  My Dad spent the night with us earlier this week.  They put on a show for him!  Our Hood momma and sister will be here for the weekend.  I can't wait for them to see the belly bounce and feel the kicks!  I bought Baby Girl's crib bedding over the weekend (thank you Ross for saving us lots of money!).  The boys on the other hand, I have got to get to work on!     

Belly Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment