Wednesday, April 17, 2013

28 weeks


How far along?
28 weeks and 3 days

Latest appointment?
Last Friday, we had an ultrasound to check their organs and heart beats.  During the ultrasound, we saw the babies practicing breathing.  Such a proud Momma moment to see their sweet little diaphragms moving up and down on their own!  We also saw a little sibling rivalry when Sweet Boy B and Baby Girl kicked each other.  My rowdy babies!  We had the timing discussion with our doctor.  We're shooting for a 35 week delivery if everything continues to go well.  Please pray that our babies will get comfortable and hand around 7 more weeks.

How big are the babies?
We didn't get their measurements Friday, but will again at my next appointment in 2 weeks.  They are getting bigger and running out of room.  During the ultrasounds, they look like a jumble of body parts!  If my belly is indication, they are growing!

How am I feeling?
Exhausted!!  I feel that the glory days of the second trimester energy has come to an end.  I spend most of my days on the couch and nap as much as possible.  Between bathroom breaks and the time spent finding a comfortable position, resting is easier said than done.  No matter how tired or uncomfortable I am, every time I feel a kick of think about our babies, it's absolutely worth it!

Symptoms?
Besides the exhaustion, I am sad to report the insatiable appetite is coming to an end.  It was good while it lasted.  I'm also having crazy separation issues from Brian.  This has been going on since early pregnancy, but I think it's getting worse.  I hate when he leaves for work, love nothing more than hearing him walk through the door, and can't get enough of him while he's home.  Please pray he doesn't get sick of me soon!   

What do I miss?
As always, sleeping on my stomach.  Last weekend, I attempted to roll over onto my stomach while I was half asleep in the middle of the night.  The speed bump of a belly quickly reminded me that it's just not happening anytime soon.

Cravings?
It changes everyday.  Im loving Chick-Fil-A's cookies and cream milkshakes right now!

Highlights of the week?
They have been moving so much lately!  They are especially active when Brian talks to them on his way to work in the mornings.  I think it's their "Daddy's up. Mommy, you should be too" sign.  I remind them that they didn't keep Daddy up most of the night and go back to sleep.  They're already Team Daddy.  Not fair!  Also, we found out last week the Sweet Boys are getting a partner in crime!  My sister, Allison, is expecting a boy in September.  Our once female dominate family is being taken over by little boys!   This is going to be fun!    

Belly Watch 
For the record, Allison saw me last night for the first time in a month.  She said the pictures I'm posting are an optical illusion.  Apparently, I'm much bigger in real life.  We're having maternity pictures made this weekend.  Maybe she'll be able to capture the bigness of the belly better than we can


             

1 comment:

  1. I had crazy separation issues too! I would cry and cry when john went to work. It got so bad that my doctor put john on FMLA because of the stress. It got better when Jake was about 2 months old. I only had one and was crazy emotional........I am so proud for you and Brian. And I love watching that belly grow!!! I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers, especially for a safe and swift delivery!!

    ReplyDelete